The shortage of nurses has greatly affected various hospitals and medical centers across the nation. Because of this, travel nursing is continuously becoming popular as a solution. Travel nursing puts nurses in touch with wherever they want to be. They can choose to help patients from the bustling cities to the rural towns. For nurses who are contemplating to travel, then maybe this is a favorable option. Or for nurses who are already burned up with the usual scenario in the hospital and wanted to earn more, travel nursing is a sure way.
Travel nursing basically involves taking short term positions anywhere where nurses are needed and usually, hospitals are willing to pay top dollar for the nurse’s service. The positions often last a month or a year and because of this, benefits like housing and other basic expenses are covered by the employer.
If you take pleasure in working in new environments and loves to travel for a cause, travel nursing career might just be the job for you. In this kind of job, once you do well, you may even turn a temporary position into a permanent one. But if you prefer being just a traveling nurse, then there are just huge opportunities that await you like having to experience international destination for traveling nurses.
As stated above, travel nursing is truly a great way to explore the world and still have the freedom and flexibility to work. Here is some of the top international destination for traveling nurses.
- Hawaii – Of course this destination is no surprise. Nurses are lining up for an opportunity to work and play an important nursing role in this paradise. Hawaii offers beauteous beaches and outdoor opportunities, so no wonder it is on top of the list.
- Alaska – Most travel nurse are intrigued by this place. Alaska is basically a huge wilderness with breathtaking sceneries. Huge travel nursing assignments are offered here. Whether you are willing to work in the winter darkness under the northern lights or the magnificent spring and summer where it’s daytime most of the time.
- Montana – This state is famous for its scenic surroundings. River trips, camping and fishing, historic places, snowy mountain ranges, and waterfalls are what you will enjoy in this place. Travel nurse assignments here are huge and if you are among who want to break free from the city grind, this place is the ideal one.
- Maine – The splendor of this place is simply irresistible. Travel nurses are offered with so many opportunities here. Aside from that, travel nurses are confronted with great adventure getaways like embarking on outdoor adventures such as skiing and snowmobiling or horseback riding or if they prefer the comfortable and fresh ambience of antiquing, strolling or horseback riding on miles of sandy beaches, Maine is truly a place to behold.
- California – The humid weather and the famous beaches of California is what makes the place among the top international destination for traveling nurses. California is home to various wildlife parks, safe havens for endangered animals, and secluded wilderness. This only means that the place is unspoiled thus, a fresh environment is guaranteed.
- Colorado – The world-class winter skiing and summer music festival offered by Colorado are just the two main reasons why traveling nurses prefer this place. Showcasing its spectacular seasons, the place is where travel nurses get to discover the state’s 18 million acre of state and national forest parks and monuments for biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking, mountain climbing, and many others.
- Arizona – If you just love the outdoors, then the Grand Canyon State of Arizona might just be the destination of your dreams. Most traveling nurses choose this place because of its charming landscapes and tall mountain ranges, swift rivers, and all natural sceneries.